Bishop Gregory (hgr) wrote,
Bishop Gregory

события в Сербии

тут много и длинно по-английски.
монахини одного монастыря вместе с игуменьей вышли из еретической Сербской патриархии и перешли под омофор Хризостомовского синода Истинно-православной церкви Греции. из монастыря их выгнали с избиениями и т.п. и вообще сейчас там на них всякие гонения. описание заканчивается 11-12 октября с.г. (по нов. стилю).
в событиях там вовсю участвует иеросхимонах Акакий -- глава уже несколько лет как существующего в Сербии прихода ИПХ Греции. это наш друг, он и в Питер к нам приезжал, и вообще замечательный человек. можно даже сказать -- современный подвижник, хотя он еще достаточно молод.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2003 2:08 AM

> "The sisterhood of the monastery of Saint John the Baptist - Stjenik.
> We are informing the bishops, the clergy and monastics in the jurisdiction
> of the Serbian Orthodox Church that our monastery Stjenik (all of the
> sisterhood) is putting an end to all communion of prayer with you.
> We have not come to this decision hastily or thoughtlessly. Bearing taken
> mind the present situation of the Serbian Orthodox Church (SPC), as well
> other local churches, our Orthodox consciousness does not permit us
> contact with you. The reasons for this decision are as follows:
> 1. The anticanonical rule of "patriarch" German, on behalf of the
> Tito government.
> 2. The Serbian Orthodox Church remaining as an organic member in the
> antichristian heretical organization, the World Council of Churches, and
> participating in the heresy of ecumenism (praying together with the
> heretics) for several years.
> 3. Full eucharistic communion with the apostates from Holy Orthodoxy: the
> sergianists (the Moscow patriarchate), the new calendarists, the new
> paschalists, and also with the heretical Monophysites anathematised by
> Ecumenical Councils.
> 4. The lifting of the anathema of 1054 against the papist heresy, even
> though the Roman pope remained without repentance for all his innovations.
> Also, the forming of a union between all the Orthodox churches and the
> Catholic church. Complete acknowledgement of the Catholic church as a
> church, as well as acknowledgement of its sacraments.
> 5. Charging money for conducting Holy Sacraments (simony).
> 6. Mutilation of the holy sacraments with the Latin practice of pouring or
> sprinkling.
> After a long search for a way out of your jurisdiction, which has
> fallen into the heresy of ecumenism, having lost all hope that it will get
> out of it, we have decided to join the only canonical and Orthodox
> jurisdiction in Serbia - the Church of the Genuine Orthodox Christians of
> Serbia under the omophorion of the Genuine Orthodox Christians of Greece,
> whose first-hierarch is his Beatitude Archbishop Chrysostom II of Athens.
> Since the Serbian monasteries were obviously not built for ecumenists -
> those who withdraw from Saint Savva's way and Orthodoxy, but also having
> mind that monks and nuns are supposed to protect the sacraments, and never
> put them into the hands of the enemies of God, we shall continue to live
> our monastery and will leave it only if some one forces us out of it.
> We do not acknowledge the church court and we shall not answer to its
> summons, nor will any verdicts of this court be valid for us.
> With the help of God we are ready to die for our firm determination to
> continue the confession of the holy Orthodoxy.
> This notice is unanimously signed, without any duress or personal motives,
> but with solid faith in the Lord, the Mother of God, our patron Saint John
> the Baptist, Saint Sava, the holy martyred Deacon Habbakuk, and the rest
> the confessing martyrs of Stjenik.
> (Below are the signatures of all eight sisters and the monastery stamp)
> In the Holy Monastery of Stjenik, Year 2003.
> Upon the feast of the Exaltation of the Cross
> The events in chronological order
> Monday, October 6th 2003. Conception of Saint John the Forerunner
> Brother Stefan, who had been baptized together with his family and had
> joined the True Orthodoxy, went to the eparchy to hand over the notice of
> the Stjenik nuns to bishop Chrysostom. On his way he passed a delegation
> from the eparchy, which had been urgently sent to Stjenik by Chrysostom
> himself. The delegation consisted of the following members: eparchy
> secretary priest Toma, archimandrite Venjamin, abbot of the Preobrazenje
> monastery, scorer priest Ljubisa from Mataruska Banja and abbess Jelena
> Zica. The delegation arrived at Stjenik almost at the same time as brother
> Stefan handed the notice from the sisters to the bishop. After a brief
> all four members of the delegation decided that we should immediately be
> evited, even with the help of the police if neccessary. They threatened,
> telling us that they would beat us with sticks if we didn't repent and
> the bishop's, as they said, »holy« right hand (although we would be given
> certain epitimia).
> All of the nuns and novices were present at this conversation with the
> delegation. We are unanimously decided that we will consistently follow
> Tradition of the Holy Fathers, and none of us have any dilemma wit regard
> whether we should repent before any bishop of the ecumenist Serbian
> Church. Having taken such a firm position, we were faced with insults,
> blackmail, together with the common ecumenist phrase: "You can not be
> reconciled since you are not obedient".
> During this conversation, if it can be called a conversation at all, a
> record was taken in which everything we believe in was stated: from the
> that we do not acknowledge the church authorities of the official Serbian
> church nor her blessing, up to the part that we have been properly
> (not again!)
> Each and every one of us signed that document gladly, and soon the
> delegation angrily left the monastery, threatening us that we wouldn`t see
> the morning. Being afraid that they would defile the altar, which had
> already been consecrated and which contained the Holy Body and Blood of
> Lord, we didn't unlock the church for them, which got them extremely
> Honestly, we have never seen such hatred and scorn, and especially not
> people who were until recently our shepherds.
> Meanwhile, in the heart of the diocese of Zicha in Kraljevo, brother
> as we have already said, was giving our notice to bishop Chrysostom. By
> command of Vladika the notice was read out to some preists who were there
> that moment by the abbot of Studenica. As he read on, his voice changed,
> he could hardly finish reading. Together with the notice was a photocopy
> from Vladika's latest book, with which he presented himself to the diocese
> of Zicha, and where he also recommends the papist calendar, whilst making
> fun of the Holy Father's calendar. We had sent our notice to other
> as well, and at the end of the day there came many phone calls
> from »soul-caring« priests and other religious people from the eparchy,
> trying to convince us to change our minds and repent.
> Tuesday, October 7th 2003. First martyr Thecla - the last peaceful morning
> in our monastery.
> We started the day with Liturgy, which was celebrated by father Akakije,
> finished at dawn. The Liturgy was very soul-stirring for all. We had the
> presentiment that we would not stay in our beloved monastery for much
> longer. It was as if we were already parting with the relics of the
> martyrs, which were kept in the monastery church. It was as if we were
> parting from our spiritual teacher, mother Julijana, her grave and from
> the holy things of Stjenik. And no longer did anything earthly tie us to
> ground, we were all facing the heavens. The Epistle and Gospel of this day
> implied awesome events which took place a few hours later.
> While we were enjoying our last moments after the Liturgy, the peace of
> mountain Jelica was disturbed by the sounds of Cacak police cars,
> officers, but without their uniforms. They insisted the abbess come with
> them to the Chief of police. Mother Efrosinija and one more nun took our
> and returned from this interview after about three hours. The confused but
> friendly Chief tried to convince Mother Efrosinija to persuade the
> sisterhood to change their attitude about parting from the official
> Since the Chief did not understand the problems and reasons for the
> of the sisters, who are even ready to be evicted from the monastery, after
> long conversation they went together to see the mayor Mr. Velja Ilic. He
> also said that this was no time for changes or reactions to the policies
> the SOC. He begged mother Efrosinija to apologise to the bishop, and
> convinced her that he would try to brighten up the bishop. Of course
> Efrosinija did not accept this offer even after several hours of
> She turned back to the monstery. When she stopped at the gas station,
> unexpectedly she was surrounded by four cars, full of priests, yelling out
> loud and expressing their dissatisfaction.
> It seemed that the diocesan Deacon Rados, who was among them, had the
> leading role and he was the one everyone was listening to. This will come
> light later on during the brutal eviction of the sisters.
> Mother Efrosinija sat in the car and tried to get away from them, but she
> couldn't because they followed her all the way to the monastery: with two
> cars in front and two behind. When they arrived at the monastery the
> began. Those of us who stayed in the monastery begged father Akakije to
> deeper into the forest, fearing his stay in the monastery could be very
> dangerous. After a short urging, father Akakije and monk David, a brother
> from the metochion of the Athonite monastery of Esphigmenou, hid in the
> forest Jelica. Very soon a large number of vehicles filled the not so
> parking area in front of the monastery. In the begining there were about
> priests in the courtyard of the monastery together with a hundred incensed
> laypeople. As time went by the number increased to 200 bystanders. They
> insisted in coming inside the church at once, which we allowed them to do
> immediately. They had all come to frighten the eight nuns and make them
> change their minds, or to throw them out of the monastery. 200 men vs 8
> nuns! Almost all of them were convinced that they were doing a good thing
> evicting the nuns. From the start they provoked and were aggresive to the
> small and unprotected sisterhood. They said that the church had been
> desecrated by schismatics and had to be reconsecrated. This was never done
> after joint prayers with the heretics or after papists and Anglicans
> their altars. In the western world it is common to using the altar and
> table with various heretics, without reconsecrating the desecrated table.
> Finally when they came out of the church having finished the ceremony, and
> when the provocation became vulgar, the nuns unanimously sang the
> of David's Psalter: »Blessed is the man..«
> Hearing the nuns sing, the priests went into the church to serve the
> All-night vigil which lasted for half an hour. Afterwards they came out to
> the courtyard, lit their cigarettes and started a new attack aimed at the
> nuns.
> It seems they were actually just preparing everything for the arrival of
> bishop. Even though there was only a few truly believing orthodox people
> with the nuns, strengthening them, the Vladika was afraid to come, so the
> priests were informing him what was going on in the monastery on cellular
> telephones. Their fear was so great that they encouraged one police
> to ask the nuns if it was true that they were armed?!!
> Among the civilians who came with the clergy, there were some suspicious
> characters. As soon as thay found out that father Akakije was hiding they
> turned towards the forest above the monastery. They were armed with chains
> with a big lock hanging at the ends. A miracle of God miracle saved him.
> They searched the nearby forest several times, searching for the two
> Their readiness to take a life was obvious at first sight, and it seemed
> they had permission for this. The aggressive followers of the bishop
> the nuns down the stairs whenever they came upon them, and even shoved the
> severely ill nun Anisia. A couple of hours later Vladika Chrysostom came.
> he was getting out of his car, surrounded by bodyguards, priests welcomed
> him in a bolshevik manner, with a song and church bells. Having come out
> the church, standing with a sceptre in his hand, he asked for the abbess,
> insisting that no one else come near. The priests roughly drew her away
> the sisters and took her to the bishop, making a human wall, so that no
> could approach her. Mother Efrosinija was standing alone, like a sheep
> brought to a wolf to be slaughtered. This obviously upset the bishop, who
> asked mother Efrosinija whether she recognised the Serbian Orthodox
> and to the surprise of all present she said yes. She also answered the
> second question whether she would be obedient affirmatively. However, at
> that moment she was continuing to confess her recognition of, and complete
> obedience to, the True Serbian Church, but not to their ecumenist Serbian
> Church. She said she would not obey them, stating that the Genuine
> Christians of Serbia are the Genuine Serbian Orthodox Church and that she
> would obey only the true Archbishop Chrysostom of the Old Calendar
> Then Vladika, full of fury, started yelling: »Seize the monastery!« In ten
> minutes the monastery quarters were invaded by Vladika's followers -
> and the clergy. From that moment on their living quarters together with
> their personal things could not be approached by the nuns. They started
> singing »God have mercy«, happily and with inspiration making the sign of
> the Holy Cross.
> A deacon from Zica approached mother and the nuns and told them to leave
> monastery. Mother said that they would not do such a thing unless they
> shown some kind of a legal document. Instead of the expected legal
> they received several hours of torment, mental harassment, insults...
> Meanwhile, the personal belongings of the nuns were wrapped into sheets
> thrown out of the monastery courtyard. The sisters begged the pursuers to
> allow them to take some of the belongings from the cells, like a pump for
> asthmatics, which one of the sisters needs badly. Insulting them, they let
> them take their things, controlling what they took. The sisters found
> cells in chaos, things taken out of the drawers, cupboards opened and
> everything thown all over the place. By then the locals living near the
> monastery arrived. They cried as thye watched 200 maddened people taking
> their anger on eight poor confessors.
> All the sisters were on the field in front of the monastery, surrounded
> without any possibility of taking shelter. Continuously they answered to
> provocations of the mad aggressors, defending the Orthodox religion.
> Soon a document for their eviction was typed out, without a stamp only
> the signature of Vladika Chrysostom. With this so called document, the
> inspector of the police came to the abbess and insisted the sisterhood
> the monastery. Neither the police nor the town authorities could stop the
> lawless and aggressive eviction of the nuns. Helpless in providing them
> any legal protection, stunned by the aggressiveness of the church leader
> his servitors, the lawyer said he had never seen such law-breaking and
> he was not able to offer them legal protection. It was as if it had been
> ordered from some more powerful force. Those who wanted to help the nuns
> their hands tied. The mayor himself was called upon by the Vladika to help
> him evict the nuns. During all this the police officers were protecting
> nuns from being lynched, and if it wasn't for them who knows how this
> would end!
> The sisters moved to a neutral area, across the creek, belonging to a
> company Srbija Sume, from where their pursuers could not chase them away.
> Evening had already come, the sisters stayed on the field, while most of
> people left with Vladika. In the occupied monastery there remained only a
> few of the bodyguards and priests who soon filled the gate of the
> with cigarette filters. They never stopped watching over the nuns, but
> mostly they nervously walked through the gate, in and out of the
> The nuns spent the night reading the Psalter and singing spiritual songs
> a fire they lit so they wouldn't freeze. The temperature was about zero.
> After midnight a group of 15 true Orthodox Christians joined them led by
> priest Atanasije from Smederevo. The occupiers of the monastery were
> by this unexpected night visit, so they called the police, who came at
> The police asked for the documents of the newcomers, writing down the
> numbers of their cars. But the visitors hadn't come to make chaos or take
> over the monastery, they had come to support the nuns.
> As the night grew colder, the sisters worried about the fathers hidden in
> the deep mountain forest. Praise the Lord, who hid the fathers form their
> pursuers in the forest dark. At dawn, while dark was still covering
> Jelica, father Akakije showed up, trying not to be spotted by the police
> pursuers. We begged him to leave the mountain while it was still dark, and
> one of the brothers took him to the city by car, leaving him at a safe
> place. As for monk David, we didn't know where he was. We found out later
> that he hid in the forest caves for 48 hours. He was without food or
> dressed in thin clothes in the cold mountain night.
> Wednesday, October 8th 2003. Feast of Saint Ephrosinia
> At dawn the group of truly Orthodox Christians left the nuns with the
> blessing of father Akakije. The sisters had not slept, singing the
> to the saint Efrosinija. They congratulated their abbess on her name's
> thanking God for such a beautiful vigil under the stars. They split the
> feast cake themselves and shared it among each other. It was the first
> they had had in 24 hours. They had never had a better and more blessed
> feast. Never had there been so many wanted and unwanted guests. All the
> sisters were filled with happiness and peace. It is that kind of peace
> Orthodoxy gives - peace given only to those who follow the signs of the
> Tradition of the Holy Fathers.
> On this day, the name's day of our mother Efrosinija, in our monastery,
> Liturgy was being served by those who had sold their faith for dinner and
> not by the truly Orthodox. A song could be heard coming form the
> church: »..Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake..«
> We sat under a clear sky and listened to the cynical Liturgy of the
> ecumenists. We were only a dozen meters away and a small bridge was
> us. The truly Orthodox and the truly nonorthodox. On one side the truly
> Orthodox without food, drink and shelter, praising their Lord Jesus
> and on the other food, drink, cigarettes, Liturgy and the warm monastery
> quarters. And it started to rain.
> Suddenly we noticed father David coming out of the forest walking towards
> the monastery, not knowing anything about our eviction. The pursuers
> immediately went for him, but he managed to escape and come to us. We
> created a human wall between him and the pursuers. The above-mentioned
> Deacon Rados openly swore in front of everyone, and addressing Saint
> the myrrh-gusher said he would strangle father David with his bare hands.
> pulled out our icons and turned them towards Deacon Rados and his company.
> At that moment he turned to father David and said that he was lucky this
> time, having the sisters to save him, but that he would not get away the
> next time.
> After this we moved to a bush near the monastery, seeking shelter from the
> rain.
> Our things were still lying all over the field. When the rain stopped, we
> moved inside a van one of our brothers in Christ left parked in front of
> monastery. At that moment it started snowing. This was unbelievable, snow
> October! Meanwhile, one of the brothers of the official church came to
> us with his wife and children. We begged him to take father David to
> so he could escape another attack of the beastly pursuers. He accepted,
> as soon as they started for Cacak, two eparchy bodyguards hurried after
> them. Brother Stefan, who was with us all the time, frozen and sleepy, got
> in his YUGO and managed to get in between the car in which father David
> and the pursuers. Intentionally slowing down he didn't let them reach
> David, and when father David's car was well out of reach, brother Stefan
> tried to get away himself, but the slippery roads and lack of rest and
> stopped him - the car overturned and brother Stefan stayed unconscious.
> woman and child came got out the car frightened, and begged the pursuers
> help brother Stefan. They did so, giving him mouth-to-mouth first aid, and
> afterwards taking him to the hospital. While brother Stefan was lying
> unconscious and suffocating with a brain concussion, a car with
> archimandrite Benjamin passed him. He saw the very tragic situation but
> 't stop to see if the man was alive, but waited until the people moved him
> from the road and continued coldly full of contempt.
> With him in the car were nuns from the monastery of the Holy Meeting of
> Lord, and as we found out later, they were carrying food and beer for the
> new inhabitants of our monastery, who were smoking and drinking in the
> monastery dining room. We heard in the van about brother Stefan's
> Fear and uncertainty overcame us, since we did not know how serious his
> injury was. Two sisters wanted to go with the monastery car to the
> but the eparchy servitors wouldn't let them. We begged them to let the
> sisters visit brother Stefan and at last they let them. We stayed in the
> van. We shook from fever and fear for brother Stefan's life. There is no
> heating in the van and it is very cold. All of a sudden we lost
> We were not sure what had happened to father Akakije and David. Our souls
> shook with uncertainty. This Wednesday was spiritually the hardest day in
> series of unpleasant events. The hours passed. We waited. At last the
> sisters come with good news. Brother Stefan was alive and well, in
> The fathers were safe and sound too. Again we were filled with
> happiness. The sisters brought food from the town, festal consolation.
> on we tried to fall asleep, but we couldn't since it was so cold. Our
> chattered. We could see new cars coming and going from the monastery. The
> archimandrite Benjamin and Timotej from Studenica and of course the
> assistant, Deacon Rados, were in charge of the new inhabitants. Monks from
> Studenica have taken our monastery. Antonije from Studenica, Pajsije from
> Uvce and German also from Studenica came to the monastery. Antonije was to
> be abbot. This was the new brotherhood of the monastery. They all eat meat
> and drink, while the abbot even smokes.
> Late at night one brother in Christ travelled a few miles to come and take
> us to a temporary hide out. One car with priests followed us, but they
> stopped near the hospital, where we visited brother Stefan, the true
> Orthodox Serb who condescended to give his life for the truly holy
> Orthodoxy, protecting the Orthodox monk from his pursuers. On our way we
> noticed one more eparchy loyalist following us closely.
> Having come to our temporary hide out, we finally rested from our small
> confessors' accomplishment and suffering for Christ's Truth. We thank God,
> our Lord Jesus Christ, Saint John the Baptist, monk-martyr John from
> and all the other martyrs from Stjenik for enabling us to confess our
> our beloved Orthodoxy. And also to expose the ones who ran away from the
> Tradition of Holy Fathers.
> We hope with all our hearts that the Lord will strength us, so that our
> lives don't bring shame on Him, our Savior. Because Thine is the kingdom
> the power and glory of the Father, of the Son, and the Holy Spirit for
> Amen.
> "We shall never give up on you, our beloved Orthodoxy!
> We shall never be unfaithful to our fathers' piety!
> We shall never leave you, our mothers' piety!
> We were born in you; in you we live, and in you we shall die.
> If the time demands it we shall die a thousand times for you!"
> Composed in the name of sisters evicted from Stjenik monastery,
> by schema-nun Nina.
> The Golgotha of the sisters continues
> Saturday, October 11th St. Chariton the Confessor.
> The nuns have gained shelter in a family house. Even though it allows them
> to rest for two days, and restore the monastic way of life and circle of
> daily services, their temptations continue with constant threats. The
> greatest occurred on Saturday night (October 11th 2003), when two priests
> tried to persuade the pursuers in a nearby inn to approach the house where
> the nuns were hidden and try to set it on fire. After a few hours they
> away, while a car was parked next to the house, watching over it all
> Today, Sunday October 12th, the nuns are fearfully awaiting the carrying
> of this threat. This is the last information we have from them.

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.